St Paul's, Burra, is located at 1290 Old Cooma Road in a picturesqe country setting.
The site consists of the church and a straw bale constructed residence.
St Paul's - the church.
St Paul's church was built in 1868 on land that was part of a 200 acre grant made by Mr Charles Campbell in 1853. Most of the land was sold in 1928 and St Paul's is now located on narrow strip of land which, at the time of the original grant, was going to be used as a graveyard.
The church was a rubblestone construction lacking foundations and was built to serve the then growing community which surrounded it.
The church is heritage listed with the Queanbeyan/Palerang Regional Council.
St Paul's - the residence.
The residence was constructed in the early 2000's to house the Associate Priest for the Parish.
The residence was constructed using largely volunteer labour and was funded by the Parish and donations from the Burra community.
The Restoration of St Paul's.
The lack of footings during the construction of St Paul's caused significant movement in the structure of the building over the years since its construction.
A major restoration work was started in 2014 and was completed in 2016. Restoration work included underpinning the structure with a footing, replacing the roof and floor and repairing the stonework which was damaged by the movement of the church.,
The restoration work was funded through the work of the Burra congregation which included
- dollar-for-dollar heritage grants from the Queanbeyan/Palerang Regional Council
- community fundraising events which included the Burra Field Day
- community donations.